All players must read, sign and turn in the Waupun Youth Soccer Association Players' Code of Conduct prior to the first game of the season.
Conduct expected of players in the Waupun Youth Soccer Association (WYSA) is outlined below:
- To encourage good sportsmanship from fellow players, coaches, officials and parents at all times.
- To do the best I can each day, remembering that all players have talents and weaknesses the same as I do.
- To treat my coaches, other players and coaches, game officials, other administrators, and fans with respect at all times, regardless of race, sex, creed or ability, and I will expect to be treated accordingly.
- To know and respect the rules of soccer and abide by them at all times.
- To exercise self-control by controlling my temper and resisting the temptation of retaliation.
- To show respect and courtesy to officials and coaches by following their instructions and direction.
- To respect the game officials and refrain from addressing them or commenting on their decisions during or after the game.
- To avoid the use of abusive or profane language, taunting or humiliating remarks and/or gestures and physical assault upon other players at any time.
- To respect the coaches and players of the opposing team and display sportsmanship at the conclusion of a game and be humble and generous to victory and courteous in defeat.
- To follow all WYSA rules, respecting at all times the property of others.
If it is determined that a parent/player/coach has violated any of their expectations, there will be a meeting with all involved parties with the WYSA board to determine the next appropriate course of action. This could result in a player/coach suspension from a game or number of games, or being removed from the league altogether. For parents, it could result in not being allowed on the sidelines during a game or number of games. They may possibly still attend, but just not allowed on sidelines like other parents. Any decision made will take no longer than one (1) week.